[slinkelist] Multiple PCs w/one set of speakers

Chuck Hartman chuck@ForeTheGreen.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:45:08 -0800

(Only indirectly a slink-e question.)

I have four co-located computers that are connected with a 4-port KVM
switch.
One is my house server with a remotely located slink-e, my development
system, a test system, and a "spare" system.  Each has a sound card and
(prior
to the KVM switch) each had their own speakers.

A 4-way switch would be acceptable if no better way, but I would like to
move toward one set of speakers and no switch. So I am able to hear
sounds produced by any of the PCs. Such as simultaneously listening to CDJ's
MP3 player on one system, but also hear Windows system sounds on any of the
others
systems (e.g. beep for task completing).

Anyone know of a small (at least 4-port) line-in/line-out mixer that would
do this trick? Other suggestions? I know I could probably design and make
one,
but would rather have a small working package. Thanks.

Chuck Hartman