[slinkelist] Ramsey FM-10A and FM-25

Mike Macgirvin mike@macgirvin.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 23:40:56 -0800

> BTW, the other unit they sell, the FM100 kit for $249, is basically the FM25
> + LPA1 + STC1 all combined with a few extra frills added.  Like an LED
> frequency display and LED meters.  It is a bugger to assemble and I
> recommend buying it assembled for $399.  I had to repair one once and it has
> a multi-layer board and is harder to troubleshoot.

It appears that you can't buy it assembled unless you swear on a stack
of bibles that it's going to another country. At least the export
version is the only one I found assembled on the Ramsey site. I'd go
ahead and build the fm25 but like others would rather spend my time more
productively and let somebody with the requisite experience assemble it...

May bite the bullet and do it anyway - I'm no slouch at soldering; but
just wish there were pre-built and guaranteed alternatives. The
frequency LED and gain controls make a huge difference in overall
usability over the FM-25 IMAO. (A=arrogant :-))