[slinkelist] Thanks Michael H., more questions...

Jeff Bush jbush@infi.net
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:51:03 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Holopainen <michael@laserle.fi>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 3:23 AM
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Got my Slink-e today...!

> go to View -> Options (all settings are here)
>
> -> Devices -> Add :
<snip>

OK, using Michael's info, and finally reading through
the doc's, I got the cassette deck to do what I want, sort of...

I have some other questions that I can't seem to find
answers to though...

After CDJ starts, looking at the DEVICES tab, I see:

cdsls001
cdsls004a
cdslr001
cdslr004a
cdca001
decka
deckb

The decka and deckb are the devices I added for the cassette
machine (dual well).

I understand that cdsls and cdslr are the send and receive
device files for the cd player.

Why are there two copies of each loaded, with different numbers?
Watching the Slink data window, I never see the 004a referenced
in any way.

cdca appears to be a remote control file, what is it's function here?

How do these default drivers get loaded ?  (please don't tell me they
drink too much! :) )

Thanks!
Happy Holidays,
Jeff jbush@infi.net