[slinkelist] Is there some way ...

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:26:24 -0800

David, that is correct, the "Disk Memo" is initially blank.  CDJ will use
the Album Title when the Disk Memo field is blank.  So unless you enter
something into the Disk Memo field, the Album Title field is send to the
player instead.  This allows you to customize what you want to upload to the
player by entering what you want the 13 characters to be in the Disk Memo
field.  So the logic is:

	Does this disk's Disk Memo field blank?
		-Yes: Use the Title album field.
		-No:  Use the Disk Memo field.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of David Ness
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 6:59 AM
To: gtang@gtcons.com; SlinkE List
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Is there some way ...

Interesting, but CDJ didn't do that for me. All of the data has
`arrived' with that field (Disk Memo) blank. The only thing that I can
think of that I did that may not be ususal, is to `queue all requests
for later' when I scan the Player, and then later I have CDJ do the
lookups at once.

In any case, the `Disk Memo' field _always_ seems to be blank for
me when the data first arrives...

Any guesses? Could I have some switch misset somewhere?