[slinkelist] Qubit touchscreen

Roark7@aol.com Roark7@aol.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:07:07 EST

In a message dated 2/12/2000 07:59:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
breid@cgo.wave.ca writes:

> Has anyone written any CGIs that talk to slinke?

Actually... yes.  I use the Nirvis Slink box with my own automation software
to provide full walk-away control for small broadcast FM radio stations.  My
code manages the entire operation from scheduling music, doing station ID's,
automated time-of-day, commercials etc... right down managing and controlling
the airchain and transmitter.   Two of these stations will shortly be
internet-aware and allow the listeners to visit the website to choose the
music they want to hear.   One is in Southern California and the other in
Nevada.

For the record, the CGI part is pretty trivial. Anyone with a bit of
experience in webserver back-end coding could do it.

Jeff