[slinkelist] Scrolling Lyrics and the Party GUI

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:48:32 -0800 (PST)

I updated the partyGUI this weekend, and will send it
to Colby for distribution when I get a chance.

Following addtions:
Fixed coverart aspect ratio
with the new space from above I added and info box on
the right (artist, title, tracks)
Fixed number of supported disks (I hope 1500 is
enough)
At Colby's suggestion I added a groovy dynamic
playlist function. (basically, you hit record, and
every action is added to a playlist until you hit go)

I cleaned up some of the uglier code (built some
reusable functions)  but may have introduced some
stability problems.  I will try and check it out this
week, and send it on.

I tried the scrolling lyrics thing (I just wrote it
myself), highlighting word by word as the song played
(basically:
Pause = tracktime/wordcount
for counter = 1 to wordcount
  Highlight(word)
  wait Pause
  Move Next Word
next counter

I tried some experimentation, but a I have few lyrics,
b it kind of stank. c this is not a karioke machine...

=====
Keith Alexander
alexanders@rocketmail.com