[slinkelist] New FREE killer application: MP3Streamworks

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:25:50 +0200

go www.xingtech.com ->

http://www.xingtech.com/mp3/streamworks/ and fill the form for download
(they'll send the license key to the email address you give)

With this FREE software you can stream mp3 from Audiocard Line-in to
network.
It consists of 3 part :
1. The encoder "MP3Live!" takes audiocard Line-in signal converst it to
mp3 and sends it to server
2. The Server "Streamworks" listens to defined port for "MP3Live!"
signal and patches it to port XXX where ...
3. Streamworks players can listen to it.

as I understood it encoder & Server applications can run in the same
computer.
WHAT it is supposed to do is when you get encoder & server running you
can (with Streamworks players) listen to audio coming to servers audio
cards line-in from anywhere in the network (local or Wide = internet)

I haven't had time to set it up yet, but I'll tell you the result when I
get it done.

-Lisence expires in 4 or 5 years (who cares, by then this software is
obsolete or tinker w/ servers clock)
-The free software has some (best) qualities disabled = max sound
quality 56Kb/s w/ 22.1Hz sampling
(max for ISDN connection)
-I would be (after testing) willing to pay good money for the full
version IF I COULD FIND A WHERE TO BUY IT.com ;) (I think the max is
256kb/s w/ 90Hz sampling, twice the sound quality of cd's that is
ofcource of no use over modem line, but in 200MB/s LAN it would be nice)

This & the VNC opens up a whole way to use slinke&cdj
You can put the pc with slinke & allthe cdp-cx players to a cabinet, and
listen to the cd's &mp3's SIMULTANIOUSLY anywhere on network
i.e Have 1 pc in livingroom hooked to you main A/V system and another in
bedroom hooked to the stereo in there. You'dd have COMPLETE control over
the cdj from either PC and listen to the cd's simoltaniously both
(dozen) stereo(through pc)

Well, this is not for all but for those of us who have more PC's &
stereos than rooms & interest in IT&automation this is gift from God.

The server part is also available for LINUX, JEEE !!!!

-michael