[slinkelist] minidisc creation automation... & soundcards selection

michael mcdermott molochai@mindspring.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:42:26 -0500

I know this is probably in the archives somewhere, but I just cant seem
to find it

anyway,  Does CDJ have the capacity to completely control a sony
minidisc recorder
(for instance the md-jb930) it would be really usefull to be able to
turn a play list into a minidisc and have cdj automatically create the
tracks and upload the text to the minidisc recorder

also... I know this is probably an impossibility, I have a denon
dvd-5000 with what look like slink connectors on the back... I am almost
positive that they are not slink connectors, but I was curious if the
slinke will possibly be upgraded to be able to control these types of
devices, just curious since I am really happy with my denon avr-5700 and
dvd-5000

it would be really cool to be able to rip movie segments by time into
playlists and minidiscs... :)

also... Does anyone know of any soundcards that work under WinNT 4 that
have digital i/o (preferably toslink) with at least decent sampling
rates, I would like to be able to connect my computer up to a DXS and
right now I have a soundblaster live with spdif (?) connectors that are
supposedly digital but I am afraid to hook it up to the DXS for fear of
damaging the unit... I am also fairly sure that the sound quality on the
sb card is rather low.

--
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?