[slinkelist] minidisc creation automation... & soundcards sel ection

George Tang GeorgeT@concur.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:42:20 -0800

I don't have all the answers for you.  But for the first question, go to
Nirvis web site and click on Download and click on User Submitted.  You'll
find MD Manager which does what you wanted.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of michael mcdermott
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 4:42 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] minidisc creation automation... & soundcards
selection

I know this is probably in the archives somewhere, but I just cant seem
to find it

anyway,  Does CDJ have the capacity to completely control a sony
minidisc recorder
(for instance the md-jb930) it would be really usefull to be able to
turn a play list into a minidisc and have cdj automatically create the
tracks and upload the text to the minidisc recorder

also... I know this is probably an impossibility, I have a denon
dvd-5000 with what look like slink connectors on the back... I am almost
positive that they are not slink connectors, but I was curious if the
slinke will possibly be upgraded to be able to control these types of
devices, just curious since I am really happy with my denon avr-5700 and
dvd-5000

it would be really cool to be able to rip movie segments by time into
playlists and minidiscs... :)

also... Does anyone know of any soundcards that work under WinNT 4 that
have digital i/o (preferably toslink) with at least decent sampling
rates, I would like to be able to connect my computer up to a DXS and
right now I have a soundblaster live with spdif (?) connectors that are
supposedly digital but I am afraid to hook it up to the DXS for fear of
damaging the unit... I am also fairly sure that the sound quality on the
sb card is rather low.

--
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?