[slinkelist] IR commands to S-Link for Sony Receiver

Darren Apfel darrena@MICROSOFT.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:49:36 -0800

(Please cc me on any reply)

Hello:

Is there some way to map IR commands to s-link commands to my Sony DA30ES
receiver?  I'm interested in mapping the following commands:

- Sony TV Power to Receiver Power
- Sony TV vol+/- to Receiver Vol +/-

I just bought a WebTV/DishPlayer receiver (amazing little unit that has a
17GB HD and gives you TiVO-like personal TV features based on the pure
digital stream coming from the Dish Network satellites).  It has optical
digital output, which-along with the S-video-I pump through my receiver.

The DishPlayer has a remote control that can be programmed to control my TV.
I haven't found a way to control the unit with my universal remote, so I've
taken to primarily using the DishPlayer's remote when watching TV.  Herein
lies the problem: the remote's volume and power commands work on the TV, but
I need them to affect the receiver as well, since the signal is routed
through the receiver and therefore both the TV and the receiver need to be
turned on... and the volume is controlled solely through the receiver.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

d@