[slinkelist] problems with minidiscs... *sigh*

michael mcdermott molochai@mindspring.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 21:28:36 -0500

Ok, I know that this is probably the wrong place to ask this but since
the problem I am having seems to be caused by the DXS... soooo

here is the setup:

3 sony 200 disc changers hooked into slinke
1 sony md recorder (jb930) hooked into slinke
all on separate ports on the slinke btw

inputs from changers hooked to dxs
outputs from dxs connected to amp and md recorder
md recorder being controlled by mdmanager program
(this program seems to work without a hitch if I just want to copy one
disc)

dxs connected to computer via serial cable.

problems:

when I make playlists of songs in cdj and the discs happen to be in the
same changer the md recorder reports a c71 error which means it lost its
digital feed and I have to reset the recorder, when the discs are in
different changers this happens sometimes (very very rarely actually)
but without fail the first 2-3 seconds of each song (not the first song
though) are cut off

the first problem seems to be related to the dxs not supplying a digital
signal to the md recorder between tracks. the second could be anything
from the mdmanager program to the md recorder itself.

has anyone run into this problem and if so do you know how to fix it?
even a second or two of blank space added to the beginning of a track is
better than the first 2-3 seconds being cut off

--
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?