[slinkelist] Video and sound card advice request

W. John Guineau guineau@earthlink.net
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:10:31 -0800

Hi Kieran,

I have a similar setup now. I'm using an old P200 PC running Windows 98se
and CDJ etc. I get the PC display on the TV via a VGA to NTSC converter. The
one I use is called the AverKey iMicro from AverMedia
(http://www.avermedia.com).

It works very well, but takes quite a bit of fiddling with fonts and colors
to get a readable screen. Most TV's can handle 640x480 OK, but when you get
into 800x600 and 1024x768 (which the iMicro supports) the text gets very
hard to impossible to read.  I also use an X10 mouse remote.

hope this helps,
john