[slinkelist] Disk memo usage

Ken Geoffrion kgeoffrion@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 14:34:27 PST

Denny,

The disc memo field ("Memotext" in the database) is exactly what you want.
Did you do the "Upload (all) disc memos from CDJ to players" after updating
the disc memo fields?

I've noticed that once in awhile some of my disc memos on my players are not
updated, so I go back manually and update these by using the "Update
selected..." option.  Both of the "update" options are available on the
Library menu under Transfer Text.

Also, CDJ does not erase your old player memo fields, so I do an Erase All
(hold the Clear button on your player when powering it up) before uploading
the new memos.

Good luck and Happy New Year to you, too!

Ken

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Denny Brennan" <cbrennan@mediaone.net>
To: <slinkelist@nirvis.com>
Subject: [slinkelist] Disk memo usage
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 11:24:12 -0500

Apologies in advance if I am raising an oft-raised question, but I haven't
been able to find any sufficient documentation on this question in the
archives.

What is the purpose of the disk memo field in the Information window?  I was
hoping I could use it for the thirteen character disk title for upload to my
Sony 90ES but it doesn't seem to work.  I'd rather not change the titles
downloaded from CDDB, except for the customary article changes for sorting
purposes.

Any comments/answers greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year.