[slinkelist] Trying to understand cross-fading requirements

Ken Geoffrion kgeoffrion@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:03:54 PST

I just realized from someone's reply that we might have a terminology
difference going on.

When I said I had my players hooked up in a master/slave CONFIGURATION -- I
did not mean in a master/slave MODE, i.e., using MegaStorage control.  I
think that will definitely cause problems.

I have the s-link output from my slave plugged into my master player, and
the s-link output from my master player plugged into my slink-e.  And, I
have the audio output from my slave player plugged into the audio input of
my master player, and the audio output from the master player plugged into
my amplifier.

David Aue told me that this configuration will cause some people problems,
but I don't think to the extent that some people have been reporting.  Is
your MegaStorage control turned off?  I think it needs to be when using CDJ.

Of course all this information is only based my own experience, with my two
players.