[slinkelist] Disappearing Disks

John Shankland jns@interaccess.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:26:07 -0600

I have had the same problems.

When playing a play list cdj skips over a song. Sometimes when going back
the entire disk has disappeared, sometimes not. There has been a tendency
for a few disks to happen repeatedly and sometimes it is any random disk.

Sometimes when this happens the player starts to play the rest of the songs
on the disk then  quits.

I have noticed on occasion that the player somehow goes in the pause mode.

I am almost never able to play a complete list without at list skipping a
few songs or have it quit or get stuck an a disk and then quit. The next
time I load the playlist I can see which tracks were skipped by the date
time stamp.

I have also noticed that if I am using the computer for other reasons it is
worse.

I have a single 200 text ready Sony player.

John Shankland