[slinkelist] Disappearing Disks

Arnold de Leon slinkelist@deleons.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:10:04 -0800

Another way to check is to manually control the CD player.

On my 220 and 240 I can check by seeing turning the jog control
past the slot where the "missing" disc was located (In my case I can
usually guess where it because of the way I load discs).

The changers skip past slots that they thing are "empty" when
you turn the jog control with the doors close.  When the door is
open the jog control takes you past each of the slot.  So I open the door
and confirm that the CD is there.

I believe the problem occurs when the player for some reason fails to load/detect
a CD when CDJ requests that it be played.  This cause CDJ and the CD player to
both believe that the CD isn't there.

The other datapoint I have is that the current "look missing CDs" option works pretty
well at finding the missing CDs without having to futz with the players.

	arnold