[slinkelist] Some questions/thoughts...

David Ness DNess@Home.Com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:51:24 -0500

(1) I use CDJ in a LAN environment where one machine controls my
    HiFi and another machine talks, periodically, to the Net. This
    mostly seems to work very well except that CDJ is installed
    on the C drive of one machine and the D drive of the other. This
    means that my `images' (which are stored in
        `\Program Files\Nirvis\Album Covers'
    on both machines `get lost' if I move my user.mdb.
    Is there any way I can have a `path' for images that is instillation
    specific, so that the covers can be identified without path, thus
    letting me avoid changing the spec in `Details'?

    In other words, I'd be happy if the DB avoided instillation
    specific references (like Drive Names) and left that to
    instillation specific configuration files.

(2) Under options I notice that there is an option for a `text library
    file' as opposed to a `database file', yet I can't find any
    reference to this, or otherwise figure out how it is supposed to
    work. Is there some `text' form of the database? If so can
    conversions between forms be made?

I suppose I should add that I find the CDJ/SlinkE combination a rather
remarkable convenience. It has already added considerable pleasure to
my use of my CD collection.