[slinkelist] Some questions/thoughts...

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:34:38 +0200

1. use VNC by ORL (it solves the cover & mp3 file & mp3 output problems
& you only need to install cdj on one computer & you can use    it even
from unix/linux or/and over internet)
   OR
   Drag&Drop the file (mp3 or image) from Network Neighborhood window, I
have been told that then you get the location in format
"\\CDJPC\Program Files\nirvis\Images\abba-gold.jpg" so it works over
network (LAN)
   Though I'm not 100% sure, I use VNC
   you can get VNC  FREE!!!! http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/vnc/
   It's amazing program <1Mb. It hard to explain if you haven't seen it,
best way to describe it is :
   When you run vnc_viewer (0,5Mb) from a remote computer and log on to
the "cdj" computer,
   is same as plugging the monitor&keyboard&mouse of that remote
computer to that "cdj" computer.

2. Don't use the 'text' property it is a legacy thingie. In old day's
before cdj library was in database(tm) format, cdj made a text file that
contained the library. I suppose that this property was kept so people
that don't want to install ms DAO (data access objet) on their computer
can still use cdj, and allow people upgrading from old versions to
import their libraries. Theoretically the database should be better
(I'll try not say anything about the quality of micro$oft products).

I agree, both cdj/slinke are just amazing. vnc & cdj/slinke is a killer
combo.