[slinkelist] JB920 vs. CX300

Scott Garrett sgarrett@technomancer.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:35:49 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

Has anyone gotten a JB920 Minidisc recorder and a CDP-CX300 300 disc
changer to talk to each other successfully on the SAME slink bus?  Both
respond fine when on separate busses, and CDJ and Minidisc Manager both
acknowledge and use the devices.  But if you hook them together and try to
use the mega-control (that the manual says can be done), it just says "no
connect" on both sides.  The only reason I want to do this is sometimes
when I just want to dub a CD, it's easier to just do it with the synchro
stuff than to try and use CDJ.  And if you can get them to talk to each
other, it will title with the CDTEXT as well (I just got a CD burner that
writes the CDTEXT info, and would like to be able to pass the titles
along).  Anyone have any luck?

--
	Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett@technomancer.com
					  http://www.technomancer.com

  *** Unix *is* user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.