[slinkelist] JB920 vs. CX300

shawn@sboyle.com shawn@sboyle.com
25 Jan 2000 12:17:09 -0800

Although my Slink-e is still on back order :( I own both of these units and have
had similar problems [with syncro-recording, automatic title transfer, mega-control,
etc].

While the CDP-CX300 uses the newer Control A1 II protocol, the JB920 uses Control
A1. This [obviously] creates some compatibility issues. However, you can set the
CX300 to speak Control A1 if you want [Hit the "Menu" button and play with the knobs.
It's in there somewhere. I think this is vaguely alluded to in the manual.] You'll
be able to use Mega-Control and your disc memos will transfer to the MD but you'll
lose the "advanced capabilities" of Control A1 II [I have no idea what these may
be].

I haven't really researched this, and I'm at work now so I'm working from memory
but let me know what you find out when you play with that setting on the CD player.

-Shawn

Sorry you got this twice Scott.