[slinkelist] JB920 vs. CX300

Scott Garrett sgarrett@technomancer.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:26:05 -0500 (EST)

Well, the verdict according to Sony is that it's not going to happen.

I actually got someone reasonably knowedgeable on the phone after calling
the "Sony Call Center" (1-800-222-7669).  Apparently the compatible A1 mode
of the CX300 really isn't all that compatible.  It still speaks A1-II.
Grrr.  I love having standards.  There are so many to choose from.  It
boils down to either I need an older CD changer or a newer MD player. Maybe
I'll just get an older single disc CD player with S-link so I can so what
I'm trying to do.  <sigh>

On another note, apparently Sony is planning to abandon the S-link ports
altogether and go to a bi-directional IR communication method in future
models.

--
	Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett@technomancer.com
					  http://www.technomancer.com

  *** Unix *is* user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.