[slinkelist] CDJ - track delays

Petersen, Chris (Eng) Chris_Petersen@NAI.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:16:18 -0800

First off, I have to say how much I love s-linke and CDJ.  I've been on the
s-link list for a while now, but only got this stuff up and running over the
Xmas holidays.  I was amazed how easy it was to set up the first time.
There is no better way to control your CD collection than through your
computer.  But I know everyone on this list knows that.  Now on to my
question.

Is there a way to place a delay of 1 or 2 seconds between tracks on a
playlist with CDJ?  I have played with the overlap configuration and it
doesn't exactly do what I want it to do.  The application is - I'm want to
use CDJ to create a playlist for mastering a mix to a CD burner.  I would
like to create a mix from CDJ (no problem there) and then stream it in real
time to my CD software, which will save it as one big .wav file.  I use
Adaptec's Easy CD software.  It has a program that will then break down the
large .wav file into separate .wav files based on  the space between tracks.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work well when streaming directly from
CDJ.  I've tried fade-out/fade-in settings with mixed results.

Chris