[slinkelist] Windows CE port of CDJ

Paul Chambers bod@bod.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:24:45 -0700

It's a bit of a tangent to the discussion, but I just wanted to be su=
re you
knew about the Lansonic DAS product (http://www.lansonic.com/)

It's a standalone MP3 jukebox product. But what makes it interesting =
is that
it has ethernet connectivity, and 'plays well with others', either PC=
s or
other DAS units. Has support for multiple audio streams over the netw=
ork,
too.

They're on the expensive side, list is $995 for the 20 Gb version.

Originally they had announced it had integrated Control-A1 support to
control attached Sony megachangers (Winter CES), but that's disappear=
ed from
the web site, so I assume they've had to pull it out of the product (=
shame).

Paul
_________________________________

Some of the features, shamelessly ripped from their web site:

* Full TCP/IP and Ethernet support built-in.
* High quality analog input/output using 20 bit Crystal Semiconductor=
 A-to-D
and D-to-A.
* S/PDIF digital audio inputs/outputs (both optical and coax).
* Live streaming audio to or from standard audio devices across a net=
work.
* Audio playback and record to/from disk for storing and organizing p=
ersonal
music collections (internal disk required).
* Multi channel capable =96 each DAS unit can serve up to 5 independe=
nt music
sources from internal disks to different rooms/devices.
* Playback of MP1/MP2/MP3 and WAV music files
* Serves up to 8 connections per music source (30 maximum) of MP3 bas=
ed
Internet Radio Services and receives Internet Radio from locations
worldwide.
* Drag and Drop network file transfer between DAS units (w/ internal =
disk)
or Windows PC's.
* Full support of Serial Copy Management System (SCMS) from digital a=
udio
connections.
* Interoperability with common universal IR remotes.
* Built-in high resolution spectral equalizer with volume/gain adjust=
.
* Extensive Playlist support using popular .m3u format.
* Software upgradeable as additional features become available.
* Very quiet fanless operation with proprietary sound deadening techn=
ology.
* Built-in web server allows setup and control using a computer with =
standard web browser.
* Available with up to 2 internal hard drives or diskless configurati=
ons.