[slinkelist] Slinkx email list

JAmes Atwill idcmp@tainted.org
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:49:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Dean Mullin wrote:

> It always amazes me how much people feel the need to publicize the fact
> that they are not using Microsoft.

Holy Cow!  I wasn't aware everyone was so defensive about this!  I've been
on this list for a long time, I've seen the discussion go from "Help I
can't get DCOM working on Windows 98" to advanced issues about digital
audio formats and what not.  I'm not saying this to brag; just to say that
I've seen alot of the discussion topics.

One I've seen a lot of is people having problems with Microsoft stuff, so
I simply thought that maybe it would be a good idea to make a list for it,
people can post their VB scripts, talk about the GPF's that are happening,
problems they have with registering the COM object, etc, etc.

I didn't mention which OS I use, because it really doesn't matter, but it
would be nice if the Microsoftites in the list would realize that there
are minorities here and not just open fire; and they say Linux users were
bad!

	JAmes