[slinkelist] Slink-e problems with external receiver modules

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman@relax.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:49:01 -0500

As you suggest, regular phone cords don't work, as they swap the
connections, for reasons unknown to me.  Either get (or make)
straight-through cables or use a connector to connect two
polarity-reversing cables together.  The blink as you plug it in and
when you press buttons on your remote are indeed good signs.

Anyway, you've gotten that far.  If you want slinke to retransmit IR,
you next need to go to Slink-serv & make sure that the port that
you're plugged in to is turned on.  I forget that the menu selection
is called, but there's not much to choose from.

If you want slinke to respond to the commands, you need to make sure
that whatever device files you have loaded are set to listen to
whatever port you plugged the thing in to.