[slinkelist] I-Opener and My.Mp3.Com

mkloss mkloss@gateway.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:18:13 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF8D4A.C9869540

Two quick notes... I am looking into finding one of those i-opener sets =
and doing the hack to get it to work.  I will keep all posted and would =
love to hear from anyone else trying.  Second, for those who have tried =
to access their CDJ over the web (from work, etc.) using their own =
servers and what-not, you really should check out mp3.com's free my.mp3 =
service.  It is a pain to set up (you have to insert every one of your =
discs into your cd-rom for one minute, but the results are great; an =
easy to navigate listing of your cds with playlist support and instant =
streaming (low quality work super on a 56K and I can't wait for my DSL =
to go to high quality) without having to make Mp3s of all your disks.  =
They have already done so with 40,000 or so popular ones but you can =
only access them if you prove you have a copy yourself. Of course they =
are being sued by the cd manufacturers but for now I am going to use it. =
 I'm sure many of you knew about this way before me, but some might not. =
 That's all.

Mike

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF8D4A.C9869540

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Two quick notes... I am looking into =
finding one of=20
those i-opener sets and doing the hack to get it to work.&nbsp; I will =
keep all=20
posted and would love to hear from anyone else trying.&nbsp; Second, for =
those=20
who have tried to access their CDJ over the web (from work, etc.) using =
their=20
own servers and what-not, you really should check out mp3.com's free =
my.mp3=20
service.&nbsp; It is a pain to set up (you have to insert every one of =
your=20
discs into your cd-rom for one minute, but the results are great; an =
easy to=20
navigate listing of your cds with playlist support and instant streaming =
(low=20
quality work super on a 56K and I can't wait for my DSL to go to high =
quality)=20
without having to make Mp3s of all your disks.&nbsp; They have already =
done so=20
with 40,000 or so popular ones but you can only access them if you prove =
you=20
have a copy yourself. Of course they are being sued by the cd =
manufacturers but=20
for now I am going to use it.&nbsp; I'm sure many of you knew about this =
way=20
before me, but some might not.&nbsp; That's all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF8D4A.C9869540--