[slinkelist] Need help with DCOM - Please...

Sonnie sonnie@casema.net
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:23:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm also trying to get DCOM to work, but need some help...

Situation:

- Microsoft Small Business Server
- Windows 98 SE PC - Client
- Windows 98 PC - Server (has Slinke Connected), Named: butler

Problem:

- Can't launch object.

There are a few things I'm not sure about:

- The "Enable Remote Connection" Does this need to be on at the Client and
Server ?
- "Run Application on following computer", I expect this has the has to be:
"\\butler" ?
- The Slinke ActiveX is also located on the client PC (as it is installed
with CDJ) is this a problem ?

- Any other things that could be causing this problem?- It seems it can't
find the DCOM server...

Many Thanks,

Jeroen