[slinkelist] CDDB Server Error

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman@relax.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:41:10 -0600

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:41:06 -0500, "Brent P. Kolitz" <bkolitz@bellsouth.net> said:

> When I try a batch CDDB lookup from within CDJ, it invariably stops
> after the first approximately 200 discs and returns: "CDDB Server
> Error. Request limit exceeded on all available servers."  So far, if
> I wait several hours and try again, I'm able to get the rest.  Is
> there some sort of per person quota on CDDB lookups, or does this
> message refer to a general tie-up with CDDB's servers?

In my experience, you have to wait until the next day to do the next
batch.  You may also be able to configure CDJ to use your ISP's proxy
server (if such is available) which in my experience will give you
another 200.

I'm having a related problem with CDDB lookups.  I'm getting the "CDDB
error.  Try a different server. (Could be a problem with your Internet
connection)" message, but from all indications the machine's got good
connectivity.  I can do the "get server list" thing successfully as
well as browse the web & such.  This has been going on for a week or
so, but a couple CDs have been successfully looked up since the
problem started.  Even if I try to look those up again I get the same
error.  I'm stumped.  Any ideas?

--
Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman@relax.com
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home)