[slinkelist] Escient

AndyStein@aol.com AndyStein@aol.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:24:43 EST

    I have seen one of Escient's systems at an audio show.  While I believe
they run into the thousands of dollars, the systems lack the depth of Slink-e
but offer a simple, attractive interface for loading CDs by artist and disc
title (as I recall--and I, while I believe there is no track memo per se, I
seem to recall the monitor's displaying certain song title).

    In short, the Escient system I observed pleased aesthetically, but if you
are accustomed to CDJ and Slink-e, the Escient system may disappoint.
Perhaps by now, Escient offers more-sophisticated products. (You may want to
visit its Web site.)

    Andrew

In a message dated 3/29/00 7:21:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,