[slinkelist] Escient

Michael Davis mk_davis@swbell.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:16:05 -0600

If you already own a slink, take a look at PartyGUI on the user submitted
programs.  Escient like interface and a great deal cheaper.  I seem to
remember the Escient costing $7000.  Way too much for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of AndyStein@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 1:25 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Escient

    I have seen one of Escient's systems at an audio show.  While I believe
they run into the thousands of dollars, the systems lack the depth of
Slink-e
but offer a simple, attractive interface for loading CDs by artist and disc
title (as I recall--and I, while I believe there is no track memo per se, I
seem to recall the monitor's displaying certain song title).

    In short, the Escient system I observed pleased aesthetically, but if
you
are accustomed to CDJ and Slink-e, the Escient system may disappoint.
Perhaps by now, Escient offers more-sophisticated products. (You may want to
visit its Web site.)

    Andrew

In a message dated 3/29/00 7:21:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,