[slinkelist] Escient

Kevin O'Connor Kevin@OConnor.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:34:43 -0500

What brand/model is the touch screen? Where did you buy it?

----- Original Message -----
From: <shawn@sboyle.com>
To: <slinkelist@nirvis.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Escient

> I bought a 15" touchscreen that straps on to a monitor from
touchscreens.com. It cost about $160 and it's the best add on to my home
automation system I've ever bought. It's crystal clear and works perfectly.
[Getting the irq's worked out for the new serial port was another story.]
The only thing that I'm not happy about is that because of the design of the
monitor the touchscreen is about 1/2" away from screen so sometimes it's
tough to hit a small button. But with a flat screen I don't think you'd have
this problem.