[slinkelist] New CDJ version (beta)

Sonnie sonnie@casema.net
Mon, 1 May 2000 16:48:32 +0200

Hi Colby,

I have the same problem as others described.

Situation:
1 Changer Sony CX270 on Slink Port 3

Problem:
Changer is not Found

Comments:
When I manually load the SLR and SLS devices I can communicate directly with
the players, so Slink does work, except for the initialization; locating the
players....

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Colby Boles
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 3:16 AM
To: Slinkelist@Nirvis. Com
Subject: [slinkelist] New CDJ version (beta)

I've put a new version of CDJ on the site. It fixes a number of small bugs,
but also uses a completely different playlist controller. Since the
controller is so different, I'm reluctant to make a general release until
some brave souls try it (it works great for me). You can download it here:

http://www.nirvis.com/beta.htm

Here's a synopsis of the changes

4/29/00
Valid COM port detection via the registry helps prevent crashes in Win98
when requesting invalid COM ports.
4/25/00
Tooltips now drop away when clicked, allowing user to edit underlying text
Sorting by date now works as expected
Fixed group numbering
Fixed notes search
Improved Album / Track splitter sizing logic
UI activity now prevents auto search
Disc location shown on inexact matches
Fixed crash on CDDB server search
Totally new playlist controller
* All players in the correct state - all the time
* Infinite queue-ahead (every changer which can be loaded will be)
* Negative overlap (can put spaces between tracks)
Fixed missing Date Added for CD-Text discs
Better ADO error reporting