[slinkelist] Image drag & drop to cdj

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Thu, 04 May 2000 19:42:17 +0300

They are stored in cdnow server (www.cdnow.com/whereever).

when you drag&drop image to cdj (or mp3 file) the cdj don't do anything
to the image just saves the PATH to the image.

in webbrowser right click the image and choose "Save Image As" and save
it to your local HD (or whereever you want to keep the image files) and
from WINDOWS Explores drag & drop to CDJ (or My Computer / Network
Neighbourhood)

IT DO NOT STORE THEM TO "temporary internet files" that is just your
webrowsers cache = NOTHING TO DO WITH CDJ everything webbrowser loads
(you see in your in webbrowser window) is saved to the TEMPORARY cache
for a while (30 days or something by default, can be configured and
those files are deleted automaticly every now & then)

SO if you drag & drow from web browser (Netscape or that horrible other)
CDJ saves the image file path =
"http://www.cdnow.com/somewhere/subdir/someImage.jpg"
so you would need to be online for the image to be displayed -> A LOT
smarter is to save the image to local drive & them drag & drop to LINK
cdj to that image file (remember if you move the file you need to update
the path to cdj)

-michael (A)