[slinkelist] Image drag & drop to cdj

shawn@sboyle.com shawn@sboyle.com
4 May 2000 10:55:26 -0700

If you're using the "horrible other browser," there are registry keys that define what directory the browser uses to store temporary internet files. You could, theoretically, change these keys to point to your album covers directory, drag and drop all of your covers to cdj, and then change the keys back. Of course then you would have to delete all of the other temporary files that aren't the actual covers. Might be hard since they probably don't have user friendly names.

The keys [at least in NT] are found under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Paths

Most of the time, editing the registry directly doesn't produce the results you want [so this is a long shot at best]. Make sure you close all of your browser windows before editing the keys, and you might want to throw in a couple of reboots for good luck.

In the end you'll probably spend more time trying to get this to work than you would save by being able to directly drag and drop. I can't think of any other way around this except to add a feature to cdj that would resave files dropped on the cover window to another location.

-Shawn