[slinkelist] New Guy Blues

Pesola, Kenneth D COL DDESB Kenneth.Pesola@HQDA.Army.Mil
Tue, 9 May 2000 07:55:52 -0400

Please HELP.

Have tried repeatedly to get my new SlinkE to work with my almost brand new
HP 1G computer.  I've connected the SlinkE to the wall wart and via the
serial port, and downloaded all the necessary files (SysUpdate.exe, ADO 2.1,
and Slinke.exe) from the web, and installed them in what I thought was the
correct order.

When I try to start up CDJ, it begins to load and I get the 4 or 5 window
screen segments pictured on the web sample page (which are blank at this
point), but then I get a window in the upper left corner of the screen.  As
soon as it appears, my computer totally locks up, and I have to reboot.

Computer configuration:  HP Pavilion 1G (one GigHz Pentium III, 128M of
RDRAM, 32M of SDRAM video aboard a Nvidia Video card, a Soundblaster Live
sound card, and a 40.1 harddrive, running Windows 98.

After working on this and acquiring plenty of practice using the computer's
on/off button) until about 2:00 AM, I'm just a bit frustrated this morning.

Were there supposed to be instructions in the SlinkE box?  Its kind of
unusual for there not to be any documentation (set-up instructions,
software, or warranty info) with a product of this type.

Any assistance will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

     Ken