[slinkelist] Request for help: how to add a 3rd player?

Reeves Little reeves@little.org
Thu, 25 May 2000 09:30:15 -0700

I've finally done it, used up all the slots in my two changers and need to
add a third.  I thought it would be a simple matter of daisy-chaining a
third changer on the back of the other two, but the pass through only seems
to work if a changer sees a second (or did I do something wrong?).  When I
turn on all my players and press play on the third, I get no sound.

Any hints?  Do I need to configure CDJ to switch audio sources on my amp for
me?  Do I need to plug the CD players together in a special order?  Do I
need to do something special with the changer ID (1, 2 or 3)?

Here's how I have it setup:
[Audio]
Amp

CD1

CD3

CD2 (my new changer)

[Slink]

slinke port 1      slinke port 2
CD3                CD2

CD1

Amp

--
     Reeves Little -- Freelance Lunatic
  AIM: Reeves9753 : MSN Messenger: ReevesL