[slinkelist] connecting two toslink digital outs from two changers together

Hobert Hurt Jr. hhurt@qx.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:59:15 -0400

Am I to understand from recent discussion that the digital outputs from two
different changers can not be simply connected together with some type of
"y" connector because a problem arises if both changers are on at the same
time, even if only one is playing a cd. Am I understanding correctly that
there is a digital output from a player, even if there is no music source
playing?  Thus, one has to purchase some type of digital switch if he wants
to connect two digital outputs from two changers to become one digital output.