[slinkelist] Digital Audio Client

Tom Hammond-Doel Tom.Hammond-Doel@Vixel.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:48:13 -0800

And to think this all started with a simple little question about Digital Audio
Clients!

Ultimately: HD storage will be the norm - whether local or internetworked.  Homes
will have RAID's, making backups trivial (my field is Fibre Channel and Storage
Area Networking).  And a chicken in every pot.

The TINI is just the kind of thing for which I was looking.  Thanks for the info.
The http://www.greenend.org.uk/mp3/ link was great!  He is adding more than I
want, but the direction is very promising.  Slap a TINI and a FIFO's MP3 and I'm
off to the races - except for playing with MP3 vs CD quality to see if there is a
difference.

There is a new chip out that promises to take a digital stream and directly drive
a speaker.  I don't have the link handy, but then CD's could be directly stored in
their native format and simply streamed.  Perhaps that will settle the
connoisseurs concerns.

Caio.