[slinkelist] cable for digital distribution

Anthony Migliore anthony.t.migliore@boeing.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:27:17 -0800

I have a Monster cable 16 guage (4 wire) speaker wire running about 70+
feet (in-wall) between two rooms of my house.  Currently this is
connected to speaker B output on my amp in room A and to a pair of
speakers in room B.  If I (disconnect the current hardware) and put RCA
connectors on this wire, could I use it to route the coaxial output from
a DSX from room A to room B (assuming there is an amp in room B to
recieve the signals)?  Are there cable length or shielding issues for
routing digital audio signals that I need to address?

-- Mig