[slinkelist] IR Jack Pinouts?

Jason Linhart jlinhart@kscable.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:16:29 -0500

I sent this to help@nirvis.com but haven't got a response yet and I'm
excited about wiring my house for IR this weekend, so I thought I'd ask
here;

Can anyone help me with the pinouts from the individual 4 wire phone jacks
on the modular expansion adapter?

Is this correct?

1 -
2 - Black    - IR.TX
3 - Red      - 12 volts
4 - Green   - Ground
5 - Yellow - IR.RX data line
6 -

Is there 5 volts available or just 12?  I thought 100mA at 5v was listed in
the slinke_features.htm file as being available through the expansion port?

If I'm wrong on the pin-outs above, which lines are used for the emitters
and which ones are used for the receivers?(power, ground, tx data?, rx
data?)  Also is the RX data line kept at a high value and then pulsed low to
transfer the data?

I've made a set of transmitters and receivers that work, but I'm new to this
and I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong and I don't want to
damage the slink-e by hooking something up incorrectly.

Thanks for any help that you can provide,

.jason