[slinkelist] IR Jack Pinouts?

Simon Mason simon@themasons.net
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 14:50:37 -0400

Can you use standard Xantech parts to extend a slink-e IR?  I know you can't
run devices that use the Xantech standard, but if it was exclusive for
slink-e will these parts work?

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Colby Boles
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 7:22 PM
To: Jason Linhart; slinkelist
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] IR Jack Pinouts?

> Can anyone help me with the pinouts from the individual 4 wire phone jacks
> on the modular expansion adapter?
>
> Is this correct?
>
> 1 -
> 2 - Black    - IR.TX
> 3 - Red      - 12 volts
> 4 - Green   - Ground
> 5 - Yellow - IR.RX data line
> 6 -

Yes.

> Is there 5 volts available or just 12?  I thought 100mA at 5v was
> listed in
> the slinke_features.htm file as being available through the
> expansion port?

There is 5V on the DB-25 expansion port, but not on the modular jacks. Take
a look at the schematic at http://www.nirvis.com/schemati2_0.htm

> Also is the RX data line kept at a high value and then
> pulsed low to
> transfer the data?

Yes, but you could use devices which work the opposite way if you set them
up in slinkeserv by  changing the polarity sense on the input in the
settings.

Colby