[slinkelist] Multiple Sound Cards

Shawn Boyle shawn@sboyle.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 16:46:30 -0400

After some hardware difficulties I finally got two sound cards to work in
Win2K. And the new feature in CDJ to select which sound card the MP3 player
uses works perfectly. A couple of things though:

The choices in the list box for the output device are kind of cryptic. On my
machine it looks like this:

(default)
/dev/wave/0
/dev/wave/1
/dev/wave/2
/dev/wave/3
/dev/dsound/0
/dev/dsound/1
/dev/dsound/2
/dev/dsound/3

It took me a couple of tries but I figured out that /dev/wave/1 was one
sound card and /dev/wave/2 was another. It also took me some time to figure
out that when you make the change in the option dialog it doesn't take place
right away, you have to exit and restart CDJ for it to take effect.

I don't know if these things are anything you have any control over Colby.
But bottom line, it works and I love it!

Thanks again,
-Shawn