[slinkelist] New CDJ Version

Colby Boles cboles@socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:37:28 -0700

Hi

I've put a new version of CDJ on the site. I'd like to get some feedback
from those experiencing playlist problems as to if this version fixes those
problems.

colby

Here's some bits from the revision logs as to the changes:

CDJ

9/07/00
Improved multiple selection in the UI. Screen no longer redraws for each
item selected.
Lyrics are now back online!
Added a keywords tab which allows you to assign keywords to albums and
tracks. You can select multiple items at once and assign keywords to them. A
similar control for locating keywords in a search will follow.
Added a details tab which shows all fields for the selected item. You may
edit some of the fields.
Window banners show which window has the focus.
Changed initial sort orders of the lists to make more sense.
Added a timer device to CDJ / Slinkeserv which allows flexible timed event
generation. See the Timer Device for details.
Changed the way playlist / selection info is stored internally - this should
improve reliability in the long run.

SLINKESERV

9/07/00
Added support for persistent connections for the command line interface
Added a command line interface which allows sending device commands from a
MS-DOS prompt. See Command Line Interface for details.
Changed the signal matching algorithm slightly to improve matching of the
final "bit".