[slinkelist] cdj sending an erroneous "playing" response

Mike Macgirvin mike@macgirvin.com
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 15:47:04 -0800

> That's because this is what is acutally happening. Sometimes CDJ plays through very slightly into the next song for one reason or another.
>
> Colby

Don't know if there are other reasons (timer granularity, etc.), but I
noticed that I would often get play through of the following song for a
few seconds or more (up to 30) as I exhausted memory; since it took that
time for CDJ to swap back in from disk and send the next command. I
could hear the disk thrashing heavily whenever it occurred.

Tends to happen on a regular basis if you have a well-known web browser
running for a long period of time leaking memory. :-)

I doubled the system memory, started doing my browsing on other
machines, and haven't had a problem since.