[slinkelist] cdj sending an erroneous "playing" response

Ian Cole iancole@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:09:05 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C07753.5AA493E0

CDJ sends a playing message as a response to an event from the CD =
Changer, not because it is next in the playlist. Sometimes, CDJ doesn't =
tell the changer to pause at the precise moment, and these erroneous =
messages occur. Of course, they aren't actually erroneous - the CD =
Changer DID START TO PLAY THE SONG.

I would vote that if the device was under playlist control AND the app =
knows it isn't to be played that the extra message never comes through.

I have my artist & tracks announced as the song fades in, but when this =
happens, it is VERY obvious.

I have asked Colby about this (a long time ago) and he told me that this =
is normal CDJ operation. My guess is that some people still use the =
buttons & remote for their changers, so he wanted to reflect what is =
actually happening, not what the playlist told it to do.

Ian
  ----- Original Message -----=20