Slink-e / CDJ Discussion Archive #10
Re: SLINK-E QUESTIONS
Posted By: Holiday Russell <hrussell@p...> In Response To: SLINK-E QUESTIONS (Mike)
In Response To: SLINK-E QUESTIONS (Mike)
Yes, to almost all of your questions except the one about the minidisc player, which I do not know the answer to. I have the same changer as you, and slink works great with it. The text for the disc and song info has the same limits as if you keyed it in manually to the player yourself. There's no trick (I wish there were, because a CDText encoded CD provides more album and title information).
Here's specific answers:
1. After the song information is downloaded from CDDB, exactly what info can be uploaded to my player?
Same as if you manually input it. Album information.
2. Will my player be able to store artist name, cd title, and the song names?
It's no different that if you did this manually according to the player's owner manual.
3. If so, is my player being "tricked" into thinking it's cd text encoded?
Not that I'm aware of.
4. If all of this info can be uploaded to my 400 disc unit, will the data be viewable on my 2-way lcd remote? Hopefully track names.
5. Does Sony allow enough space to with-hold all of this data in the player?
6. If the data can be uploaded to my player, will it read that the cd is an encoded cd text disc even though it is not? Therefore showing the song names on the player screen?
No, it reads it as if you had manually entered the information.
7. Approximately how long does it take to download cd information from CDDB for a 400 disc unit?
about 5 to 10 min.
8. Can I use the slink-e on my MDS-JB920 mindisc player? If so, what will it be capable of performing?
Don't know. Probably so, because slink seems to work with everything.
9. As a general question to everyone that has purchased the slink-e and uses the cdj, are you happy with it? If not, what are the major flaws you have with it?
It's wonderful, and no flaws to report. Buy it and love it.