[slinkelist] (no subject)

Scott Garrett sgarrett@technomancer.com
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:16:36 -0500 (EST)

I got my S-link about a week ago (after a bit of annoyance from the UPS
tracking system lying about when it was delivered; thanks for the help,
David) and am a very happy customer.

After playing with CDJ and finally getting an inventory of all my CDs (woo
hoo!), I have a sugestion of a feature for CDJ that I would find very
useful. It already has the column for storing the album name (which the
CDDB conveniently fills), but unfortunately my (and most Sony) changers
will only take 13 characters for the disc title.  CDJ in its current form
allows you to upload the album title or pull down the names stored in the
changer. But I don't want to limit my album names in the database to 13,
and I want to be able to more usefully abbreviate the names that I upload.
It would be very nice to have a third column in the database that would be
the text exchanged with the changer, so I could keep the full name in the
Album field.

Thanks for a great product!  I've still got a lot to learn about it, and
it's already making my life much easier.  I haven't been able to find any
code ported to Linux yet, so that may be a forthcoming project.  I read
talk of a separate linux list for this thing, but noone ever (that I could
find) actually said where it is...

--
	Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett@technomancer.com
					  http://www.technomancer.com

  *** Unix *is* user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.