[slinkelist] Fwd: FW: Artist title reversed

John Shankland jns@interaccess.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:23:24 -0500

> Here's what I see in CDDB:
>

> Various Artists / Folkways: A Vision Shared
> Folkways / Folkways: A Vision Shared
>
> These two entries do not have the same artist - one is "various artists"
> and the other "folkways". Both have the same title. What did CDJ give you
> for a title / artist?

CDJ gave me various artists, Folkways: A Vision shared.

I have since discovered that the data base for this album and several more
that I have are entered wrong.  The correct format is Artist/title (seems
backwards to me).  I submitted an album in the title\artist format myself.
I have since changed it and resubmitted. It will be interesting to see what
CDDB does with it.

If this is a significant problem could you make the program be able to
reverse that data?

Do you ever plan to have a submit option?

I agree with another user that sorting the playlist would be helpful.  Is it
possible for you to set it up so it could only be done when it is not
playing, then rewrite the under lying data? or just do it for maintenance
purposes when it is not playing.

John