[slinkelist] New CDJ Beta

Greg Young gregy1@pdq.net
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:55:16 -0500

I installed and tested the new Beta and started adding MP3 albums.  I =
added 5 albums, then after adding Beck's "Mutations" I received the =
following error sequence when saving the library:
1. An error occurred while attempting to use MS ADO 2.1 Please make sure =
you have this component installed before using the database features of =
CDJ.
2. Error: Code=3D8002000a Code meaning =3D Out of present range.  Source =
=3D Provider Description =3D Out of present range
3. Error writing library

As soon as I delete "Mutations" the error disappears.  The file names =
for the MP3 files are sequential numbers (01.mp3, 02.mp3, etc.) and =
there are no odd characters in the ID3 tags except one apostrophe, which =
does not appear to cause errors when used elsewhere.

Also, drag and drop from Windows Explorer seems to read the files in an =
odd order: neither by date or file name.  I have my MP3 albums set up in =
separate subdirectories, where each directory's files follow the =
sequential listing I noted above, in order to keep the track sequence =
straight and avoid Joliet filename errors when I back up the files to =
CD-R.   When CDJ sets up the album listing, the track order has =
consistently been the last file first and the first file last, but all =
others in sequence in between.   Thus, for a 5 track album, the CDJ =
track order after drag and drop is:
05
02
03
04
01

Of course, I can fix this by dragging the files in the track listing =
pane, but it would be better if it just picked up the file order as it =
was dragged in from Explorer.  Is this an error in the way MS handles =
the drag and drop?

Any ideas?

BTW - The ID3 tag reading is great!

Regards,