[slinkelist] Re: Sony STR-G3 "egg" remote

Chris Osborn fozztexx@fozztexx.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 23:21:11 PDT

On Apr. 20 00, 03:58 PDT, "Jeff Rothfus" <saranac.tv@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

> I remember seeing a "VisionTouch" adapter in the Xantech catalog.
> It may well be for the IR version of the "egg" (as supplied on
> the STR-805G, etc.), but Xantech's tech support may be a place to
> start looking for information.

The Slink-e controls my STR-DE805G just fine. I wrote my own software
to essentially relay commands from an IR universal remote, but it
also tracks the state of the receiver and lets me switch inputs
while flipping the TV automatically between tuner and line in.

The S-link codes for the receiver I found on Nirvis' site. I don't
know how they got them, but they work.

The only thing that impressed me with this receiver was that it
actually sent out status updates when you use the front panel
buttons, so you can actually accurately track state changes.

---
Chris Osborn                      FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice              2136 Coronado Ave.
707 581 1797 - Fax                Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx@fozztexx.com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>